The welcoming and supportive ‘ohana of teachers and learners here is unlike any other. We inspire. We connect. We embrace our cherished local values and find creative ways to use our communities, and our world, to empower and educate our kids. All it needs, is you.
At HIDOE we’re committed to making the application process as simplified and streamlined as possible. This is where you will begin to tell us a little about yourself and your goals at this stage of your career, including your education and teaching experience, the level of teaching you’re interested in, and what type of setting within HIDOE will be the best fit for you.
Applicants interested in subject areas or geographic locations other than those listed in the priority areas below are still welcome to apply. Our recruitment priorities for the 2021-2022 school year are as follows:
Areas of Need:
- Special Education (PK-12)
- All specialties of Special Education are needed, especially in the areas of American Sign Language (ASL) Deaf Education and Auditory-Oral Education (salary differential provided)
- Secondary English, Secondary Mathematics, Secondary Science
- Interest in teaching in hard-to-staff locations (salary differential provided)
- Hawaii District: Honokaa, Kau, Keaau, Kealakehe, Kohala, Konawaena, and Pahoa complexes on the island of Hawaii
- Honolulu District: Hawaii School for the Deaf & the Blind on the island of Oahu
- Leeward District: Nanakuli and Waianae complexes on the island of Oahu
- Maui District: Hana and Lahainaluna complexes on the island of Maui, Island of Lanai, and Island of Molokai
- Windward District: Olomana School on the island of Oahu
- Hawaiian Language Immersion (salary differential provided)
You can apply online using our eHR system. In addition to your online application, you’ll also be asked to submit verification of employment if you have prior teaching experience, official transcripts, and any other required documentation.